So, our garden is still alive! We have had a rocky start, but it is going. The cold spring weather lasted until June and put a damper on things, but now it is growing at an appreciable rate. The tomatoes have grown about two feet and stand about a foot above the "walls of water," but they have no fruit yet.

The berries are all healthy and alive. Our two bare root raspberries too forever to start growing, but they are now. Especially now that small leaves have started coming out, they are picking up speed. No fruit here either though. The plant nursery said we can't expect anything until at least next season as they are all establishing themselves this year.

Wow, look at all those greens, even those tomato plants are visible in the background. The spinach is in the far back, next closest is the Swiss Chard, which I just harvested some for dinner...; then we have the Collared Greens. We had collared greens several weeks ago with a cottage ham and it was pretty yummy. Spinach was harvested just last night and added to our spaghetti sauce. They were getting a little bit out of control and wanting to go to seed. So we cut them down to size. You can even see the strawberries are looking healthy.


Oh, did I mention I am a goddess who can accomplish all of this from the luxury of my hammock? It even comes with a boytoy who does all the work...not really, but close...

Look at all of the Swiss Chard!!! We are going to saute it tonight with some onions and garlic as a side to some potatoes and beans. Yum Yum!
You truly are amazing, Megan! I personally feel that every garden should come with a boytoy to do the work. ;)
ReplyDeleteKatie
I agree, too!
ReplyDelete