These pictures don't really go with anything, I just thought they were funny. Before we could install the tile we had to remove the finish from the linoleum so the mortar would adhear. I guess this isn't done much because there wasn't much information out there to help. The lady at the tile store told us if the mortar didn't adhear well then in a couple of years the tile would start to seperate and make a hollow noise. We used a grout remover and a degreaser. The floor looked slightly less shiny but otherwise still the same. Fingers crossed that it adhears well enough. We also had some trouble turning off the water to the toilet. The water access is in the floor and not the wall so we had to turn it off and disconnect it to put in the tile. When I turned it back on water went everywere (including the ceiling) and all over the tiles and mortar that had already been layed. Several towels and half an hour later we were able to resume. All told it took about 7 hours to put in.
No comments:
Post a Comment